Downloads (Windows, OSX, Linux)
- Custom messages (optional) – if you don’t use them, it will use the ones I wrote
- Image stretching options – Maintain aspect ratio, center the images to the window, and stretch it to fill the window
- Automatically change pictures (optional) – change pictures after a certain time, and play a sound if checked
- No more message spam
- Window size can now be 200×200 (minimum)
When the event occurs, it displays a random message from the ones you wrote.
- Greet – when you load the file
- Click – every time you click
- Idle – when you stop interacting for 10 seconds
- Sleeping – when you click and she/he is sleeping
- GoodMorning – when he/she wakes up
- GoodNight – when he/she goes to sleep
- [NAME] – writing this in a message will replace it with the name you choose in your .wfu file
- [WAIFU NAME] – writing this in a message will replace it with the waifu/husbando name you choose in your .wfu file
How to add messages
Open your XML file in a text editor (like Notepad) and add this inside one of the event tags.
<Message>your message here</Message>
How to use the XML
Open the editor, check the “custom messages” box and browse for the file.
So almost everyone had problems !
Fuck yeah half ass coding.
Good news is it works on all operating systems, so I’m sticking with AIR for now.
DOWNLOAD NOT READY, BUT IT MAY BE AVAILABLE SOMETIME TODAY.
-sleep timer not working
-background images not showing up
-The message box text field doesn’t stretch badly
-When you open the editor, it now loads your waifu file (if you created one already) so you don’t need to redo all the steps.
-Option for always on top
-Option to stretch the image to the screen
v0.1 common fix:
If you save the file and nothing happens, disable the sleep timer and it should work.
mai waifu app for droid
Looks like another anon is making his own droid app.
Finally, f irst public alpha, maiWaifu v0.1.
Keep in mind its not much, this started 2 days ago and the whole idea was pretty simple to begin with.
FAQ HAS BEEN UPDATED
The app is made using Adobe AIR, its basically just a Flash .swf with a wrapper to make it act like a desktop app.
This should work on OSX, Linux and Windows.
To install, first download the AIR Runtime for your OS if you don’t have it already, and then install maiWaifu.
How to use the editor
The editor still has a some bugs, but it works, a few things have been changed since the first picture that was posted.
1) If you use the wake up and sleep, don’t leave a field empty, it will give you the error box.
2)For the width and height: minimum is 500×300
3)Background: this is optional, if you have transparent pictures of your waifu/husbando, you’ll find it useful
4) For the time, follow the format that’s already in the box.
5) Once you filled everything, and pressed Fuken Save, this creates the .wfu file
this file is used to load all the things you put in the editor, you can move it anywhere on your computer
6)If you need to make changes to the .wfu file, open up the editor and repeat the steps and overwrite the old file, I know this sucks but this is temporary, future versions will have better support for this